Seeking Theatrical Rights to use video and sound of Nina Simone's "Mississippi Goddamn" live at the Antibes Jazz Festival July 1965

nicole burton

Good morning Mr. Overfield,
My name is Nicole Burton. I'm a playwright and the author of the new play, Wednesdays in Mississippi."
I am interested in obtaining the rights to use the video of Nina Simone singing "Mississippi Goddamn" that you posted on YouTube, live at the Antibes Jazz Festival, July 1965. It would be used as a prelude to the video recording of my play that will stream next year.
Can you tell me who shot the video and put me in touch with them or their estate? If you have dealt with the Estate of Nina Simone or have any other information about obtaining the rights to use the video, I would be most grateful.
Your timely response would be appreciated.
Cheers, Nicole Burton
PS I also sent this info request by email.

aaron

Content Manager ⁠— Estate of Nina Simone
Staff member
Hi Nicole,
Just saw your email and forwarded it to the correct people at the Estate. They should be in touch with you.

nicole burton

Good morning Aaron, I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. I have not been contacted by anyone at the Estate yet and am eager to speak with them. Is there a direct contact you would be willing to send me? My email is nicole@nicolejburton.com
Many thanks, Nicole